The contracted service will contribute to the GEHS team activity, responsible for maintaining and improving the operations of the Global Enterprise Hosting Services. Support process includes the definition of overall configuration, implementation, and ongoing analysis of various infrastructure technologies to ensure our IT infrastructure is up to date and secure, meets business needs and provide planned projects support.
This role includes install, monitor and support servers with Microsoft Active Directory, MS Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019, VMware, IIS and various other infrastructure software; interact with IT Applications teams to setup and maintain development, testing and production environments for business applications; and consult with business groups to exploit the IT infrastructure services.
In order to contribute to a successful service delivery, the contracted position needs to combine a diverse set of technical skills, including the ability to work in virtual teams with global team members and end-users; exhibit collaboration qualities with a focus on providing technical advisement for change and problem management; demonstrate a strong understanding of IT process background and service delivery approach to securing the consistent provision of IT services, as well as additional projects consistent with the role.
location: Linden, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 52 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Outputs: What we expect to be done.
- Install, monitor and globally support advanced functions of Windows operating systems, such as Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP and DFS.
- Install, monitor and support virtualization functions of VMWARE vSphere ESXi and the related enterprise tools.
- Globally support advanced functions of O365 services.
- Recommend and implement projects to improve services, simplify processes and reduce cost, taking advantage of innovative technologies/solutions.
- Support, maintain and make recommendations to optimize operations of global hosting, including Data Center management, Storage Area Network, backups/restores, network printers, firmware upgrades and maintenance contracts
- Consult with business teams and proactively seek "out of the box" new solutions to exploit the IT infrastructure services.
- Contribute to maintain data centre DRP and disaster contingency plan.
- Maintain and monitor compliance to corporate IT security practices and policies
- Part of the Global Support Team, offering occasional off-hours support.
qualifications: Required skills:
- Experience in Global Hosting Systems operations and implementation
- Relevant skill in Design, Deployment, Administration of application hosting and collaboration solutions
- Relevant experience in hosting management, CyberSecurity, monitoring tools and patch management.
- High level skills in troubleshooting Windows Server Operating System, including AD, GPO, DNS, certificates, PowerShell scripting
- Average level skills in troubleshooting VMware virtualization
- Relevant skill in Administration of virtualization solutions
- Relevant experience of Backup and Replica solutions
- Good understanding of network routing and switching protocols
- Significant experience in working with Service oriented organization and methodology
- Able to work as part of a global team with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Excellent planning and documentation skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Proactive new technologies and solutions evaluation
- Good decision-making thought process
- Change control and management experience
- Able to work with Vendor tech support.
skills: Windows Server Operating System, including AD, GPO, DNS, certificates, PowerShell scripting, Ctrix XenApp server farms and application
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.