Application Support Engineer
Our technical environment is diverse and varied with *NIX and Windows servers combined with five different databases and both native and web clients. As a member of our Technical Support group you will become familiar with each of these environments and the configuration and operation of our Optix Document Management and Workflow software, including customized solutions we have built on our platform.
location: Warrenton, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
As a part of our Technical Support team you will work with our customers responding to issues, educating them to make better use of the software, and performing tasks such as troubleshooting and testing. You will work closely with our Implementation team to deploy new solutions and collaborate with our Development team as a part of troubleshooting, testing, and communicating feedback.
- Preferably, a degree in a STEM field
- Past experience with software/technical support
- Experience in systems troubleshooting including database, TCP/IP-based networking, and systems administration
- Understanding of basic SQL commands and fundamentals of relational databases
- Ability to use the command-line to navigate and perform system commands
- Logical thinking and troubleshooting skills across hardware, systems, and software
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to different technical environments
- Professional, effective communication skills both in person and in writing with a collaborative demeanor
- Skilled at forming professional relationships with colleagues and customers
- Positive, motivated, and customer and quality focused
skills: - Technical support via phone and email with IT professionals and end-users
- Understanding business processes and offering optimum and alternative solutions to performing routine tasks
- Coordination with professional services and development staff for developed integrations and solutions
- Software testing of products and solutions
- Software installation, configuration, and web-based one-on-one training
- Assisting our professional services staff with developing custom solutions including using our GUI tools and scripting languages
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.