Randstad Technologies is looking for a talented senior firmware engineer for a rapidly growing client that manufactures novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications, and whose products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth. The client is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Sr. Firmware Engineer for their Integrated Sensors Group, which specializes in the development and production of advanced sensor solutions for ground and airborne applications. This role will design and develop a variety of multi-disciplinary technologies, quickly turning concepts into functional prototypes with the goal of productization.
location: Torrance, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Lead end-to-end development of various designs that involve electronics system architecture, embedded firmware development, and testing for diverse applications.
- Deliver efficient, yet innovative solutions for data processing and handling to unique customer challenges with complete responsibility and ownership of system and performance requirements on individual and team-based projects.
- Develop reliable electronics systems and devices (including architecture, component selection, circuit design, layout, fabrication, testing, and rapid iteration) for new and ongoing research efforts at prototype and production levels.
- Develop and implement innovative embedded control, communications, and data processing algorithms and systems using microcontrollers (PIC, STM, etc.) and embedded code (in C), analog and mixed signal circuits, and peripherals and components (ADCs, DACs, FPGAs, CPLDs, sensors, drivers, GPS, Bluetooth and wireless radio modules, cameras, memory) for a wide variety of applications.
- Identify, evaluate and decide on key design details throughout the development process to ensure that specified requirements will be met with minimized risk.
- Complete ownership of "cradle-to grave" firmware development on technical projects with the opportunity to assume larger project management responsibilities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers and scientists in the department.
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or a related field required. Advanced degrees preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience in firmware design.
- Ability to complete end-to-end development of systems from physical principals to conceptual design, prototype, final testing, and validation for production-ready systems.
- Fluent with C in embedded and standard computer architectures.
- Excellent communications skills - verbal and written.
- Provide cross-disciplinary solutions to include mechanical, software and optical designs is a plus .
- Work in sensor systems and/or military hardware is a plus.
- *U.S. Citizenship/Greencard holder is required. You must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.