As a member of the Systems and Maintenance Engineering (S&ME) Intelligent Edge Network Lab Governance Team, you'll be responsible for creating and executing support strategies for S&ME Lab resources.
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Implement lab test bed setup based on requirements from IT, Planning, and Maintenance Engineering teams
- Insuring lab test bed setup is complete prior to test or development efforts
- Scheduling and managing availability of lab resources
- Support and triage for test bed issues, including vendor engagement/escalation
- Maintenance of lab resources to insure production-like availability
- Management of test bed inventories
- Hands-on equipment support (equipment installation, fiber maintenance, card add/pulls)
What we're looking for...
You will have knowledge and skills creating, managing, and troubleshooting a layer 1-3 network and willingness to collaborate across multiple teams in order to create and maintain a robust environment to support the dynamic demands of test and development efforts supporting network.
You'll need to have:
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in IP routing, preferably Cisco or Juniper
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting/resolving network issues across L1-L3 platforms
- Knowledge of Telecommunications/Service Provider architecture and design
- Experience with systems automation
- Excellent collaboration skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with best practices for equipment install, activation, turn-up, and network integration
Even better if you have:
- Experience with lab operational procedures/practices
- Experience with Lab test tools - Ixia, Spirent, etc.
- Juniper/Cisco routing and/or networking certification or equivalent experience. (Junos, IOS-XR)
- Experience working with Cisco or Ciena L1-L2 platforms (eg. photonic switches, Cisco NCS platforms, Ciena 6500 platforms, etc)
skills: Edge Network
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.