We are looking for a talented, technical excellent and self-motivating Java Developer to join our Fund Administration Systems organization in Boston. This position is primarily responsible for development of business critical applications using the latest Java/JEE and Web technologies in support of the Fund Administration Business Unit. This position requires a skilled individual who can contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of project lifecycle - i.e. more broadly then in a pure development role. The focus of this role initially will be helping to continue an internal build for the Expense Administration business unit - Invoice Processing and Budgeting platform.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Contribute to requirements definition - contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. Individual must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
- Contribute to application design - create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; contribute to database / data model design.
- Develop application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines - develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Provide responsive support for business areas - quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, "high touch" approach to working with business users
- Automated build platforms/continuous integration experience and knowledge (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with test automation tools (Selenium/WebDriver, Fitnesse, JBehave)
- Knowledge and applying TDD principles in practice
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs (troubleshooting Java memory issues, analyzing java heap/thread dumps, troubleshooting application issues)
- Experience with Unix platforms
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
skills: Technical Attributes - Nice to Have:
- Prior experience with Tomcat
- Experience with databases (Oracle)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.