Our client, a growing Financial Services firm in NYC, is looking for an Associate Director level person to join the Data Management group. The position will be responsible for supporting the Head of Data Initiatives with the management of enterprise-wide data. You will handle the creation of the overarching data strategy, governance, controls, compliance and policy development; including the administration and execution of the company's third party service provider policy with respect to data.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Be a key contributor to the development of a data governance framework across the organization ensuring that data assets are appropriately manage.
- Ensure IT, Risk, Compliance and Legal teams concerns are addressed.
- Document workflow processes using standard tools and procedures. Publish the standard processes to ensure universal compliance.
- Engage with data users to identify incremental data needs and paths to obtain and make this data available. Identify and remediate issues affecting analyst productivity and quality.
- Maintain data definitions, process documentation, and data governance policies.
- Champion an environment of teamwork and collaboration across regions and departments.
- Produce management reporting/metrics on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the COO, Global Analytical Head, CRO, CCO, CTO and others informed of operations and progress.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science
- Strong Fixed Income data management experience; experience with industry leading BI tools required
- Strong business acumen; ability to create a business case for strategic investments that support data management
- 5+ years of experience managing Data Governance and Data Quality projects in a Global organization
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of master and reference data elements, processes and organizational support models
- Understanding of Big Data, Master Data Management, Data Warehousing and Data Quality Tools
- Solid ability to independently analyze and solve complex problems involving data quality issues and business rule conflicts
- Proven experience partnering, collaborating, and communicating with business stakeholders and engineers, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple work streams simultaneously
- Must have financial market knowledge to understand and integrate the demands of various regions
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, especially as it relates to supporting and influencing data governance and data quality programs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.