The Revenue Cycle analyst is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, challenges and continuous learning are the norm. The primary responsibilities of the position include: recommending, planning, evaluating and translating Revenue Cycle operations into workflows using the eRecord (EPIC) system. The main responsibilities of this position is the build and maintenance of an accurate and compliant enterprise charge master and fee schedules with a focus on improving operations, standardizing processes, gaining workflow efficiencies, and improving patient care. Other responsibilities include: coordinating projects and activities, providing effective communications, and interacting with a diverse team as well as the Hospital, Medical Center, and the Medical Faculty Group management and staff. Must be very knowledgeable of organization's policies, procedures, and Revenue Cycle operations.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Ability to work independently and is self-directed in identifying changing demands and priorities.
Serves as primary build analyst for the eRecord Revenue Cycle applications
- Completes the functional design and build of the eRecord Revenue Cycle applications after successfully achieving (and maintaining) current Epic certification. Epic certification may require two to five weeks of training requiring travel.
- Performs in-depth analysis and facilitates development of integrated workflows.
- Collaborates with the project team, subject matter experts, training and technical teams to effect system changes that reflect an in-depth understanding of the business and end user requirements while also considering impact to integrated components and standardization.
- Meet with operational leaders, compliance and Revenue Integrity regarding changes/additions to the EPIC charge master and pricing/fee schedules
- Manages all phases of assigned tasks/projects, meets established deadlines, and maintains flexibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Reviews requested enhancements; prioritizes and implements requested changes to the system.
- Collaborates to seek resolution of system issues or conflicts for points of integration while applying a broad knowledge of application, workflow and integration.
- Acts as a participant in the rapid run process for upgrades, coordinating the activities of their application level team including NOVA review, presentation to operational leaders and Revenue Cycle steering meetings.
- Takes the initiative to identify and resolve complex issues. This includes independently executing creative solutions with minimal guidance.
- Utilizes issue tracking tools such as Sherlock and HEAT.
Participates in, and/or maintains standards for:
- System build to include following naming and numbering conventions and security classifications
- Revenue Cycle database/spreadsheets for the system build
- Change control-adhering to organizational policies and procedures
Provides guidance and mentoring for Revenue Cycle customers and others on the team to include precepting emerging eRecord staff.
Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills. Works collaboratively with all project team members. Builds relationships and effectively communicates with the project team, key stakeholders, and physician practices.
- Bachelor's degree is related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Revenue Cycle experience (minimum of three years) in health care setting
- Possesses knowledge of clinics, physician practices, and/or hospital operations, procedures/functions and the relationships between them.
- Previous setup and maintenance of EMR software.
- EPIC Charge Router, Professional Billing, and/or Hospital Billing certification.
- In depth knowledge of professional charges and related billing requirements
- Strong attention to detail, ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and develop critical thinking skills.
- Attend or lead meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Strong communication, team work, and follow-up skills.
- Some familiarity with Meaningful Use (ARRA) as well as HIPAA and Billing regulations that impact the Revenue Cycle operations.
- Displays a solid technical aptitude and has an understanding of computer systems and IT functions
- Skilled in using Microsoft software: Office -especially Excel, SharePoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.