Great opportunity for someone who is looking for a company with nationally recognized products. You will be part of a very dynamic team where your efforts will be noticed and rewarded. As a Senior Data Architect you will be responsible for defining the architecture road-map for achieving availability, performance and quality objectives for master data, transaction data and informational data.
DIRECT HIRE: to avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to email@example.com.
Very good compensation plan as well as other Perks and benefits including but not limited to:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Matching 401K 100% for first 6%-No vesting period
- Very good Health Benefits start Day 1 for onsite employees
- Fitness Center/Gym onsite
- Personal Trainer
- Wellness Center
- Great work flexibility, can come in at different times, work from home when the need arises
location: Morrisville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Data Architect will be the lead technical member of the team responsible for planning, designing and implementing large scale OLTP databases, OLAP data warehouses and data marts, ODS repositories, the system transports and the business processes - all used to create, read, update, delete, move and synchronize enterprise data. This individual will be a peer to the Business Process Architect and System Architect, and provide technical and business process direction to Data Modelers, Database Architects, Business Analysts and Data Quality I/T Specialists.
Develop logical data models, and how data are shared and synchronized between various transactional and informational systems
- Ensure the proper alignment of the logical data models with use cases, object models and interface definitions
- Work with the Data Modeler and Database Architect in the development of the physical model that will meet availability, performance and quality objectives
- Maintain change control of the logical data models and take business direction from the Data Steward responsible for a particular data type
- Align business needs to I/T capabilities through effective integration of processes, data and I/T
- Develop and maintain an architecture road-map for achieving data availability, performance and quality objectives
- Perform entity-relationship modeling including normalization.
- Perform dimensional modeling, and define and select ETL techniques
- Develop SQL queries
- Perform in a matrix, cross-discipline environment.
- Use Case and UML modeling tools to define and document as-is and to-be processes associated with the creation, use, update and deletion of data.
- Use enterprise architecture patterns to specify how master, transactional and informational data are made available and synchronized across the enterprise
skills: Basic Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related discipline
- 7+ years of experience as a data architect
- Must be skilled at ER (or relational) modeling and database normalization techniques for transactional systems; and dimensional modeling and the extract, transform and load techniques for informational systems
- Experience with system architectures, business process management, programming and project management
Preferred NOT REQUIRED
Expertise and prior experience with SAP, project management and business process management is a plus.
Prior exp with Cloud technologies is a plus
- The candidate should have demonstrated competency in data modeling and by having successfully completed three major data projects involving both OLTP/ERP and OLAP systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.