This is an IT Network Engineer position where the candidate will be expected to have expertise in application support, troubleshooting problems with various internal and external enterprise systems, configuring and maintaining software platforms, while upholding a high level of customer service satisfaction. This position will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure, and will be part of the IT Technical Support Team responsible for managing the infrastructure for The Shade Store.
location: Port Chester, New York
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Administer assistance to end users (located in Port Chester and in remote locations) with technical requests
- Apply software patches / upgrades
- Troubleshoot email, software and hardware issues
- Wireless headset configuration and support
- Manage IT Technical Support Team documentation, ensure accuracy and most current up to date information
- Manage all current and newly set-up workstations with proper wiring and any necessary computer requirements
- Administer all IT equipment - desktop computing, servers, printers, telephone instruments and equipment, video conferencing, switches, routers, and other general networking equipment.
- Setup and configure firewalls, switches, WAPs, etc.
- Conduct vendor coordination on basic facility issues; including new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs and desktop / cubicle moves.
- Perform pro-active maintenance on all computing equipment.
- Various special projects as needed.
- Availability to travel to setup and configure new showroom locations.
- Understanding of LAN and WAN support and configuration.
- Possible travel to other locations for support and setup.
- Degree in Information Technology or related field or 2-5 years' experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to support a wide range of computer hardware including but not limited to Dell desktops, Dell laptops, Lenovo laptops, Microsoft surface tablets, iMacs, mac pros, MacBook pros, mac minis, iPhones, Sonicwall firewalls, HP switches, Cisco WAPs, etc.
- Familiarity with remote support technologies and supporting remote offices.
- Cable terminations of cat5e/cat6 and other general hands on experience configuring workstations.
- Hardware and software support for VOIP phone system. Softphone experience a plus.
- General networking knowledge of IP configuration and standards.
- Works well with tight timelines. Available on-call some nights and weekends.
- Flexible schedule.
- Excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills. Engaging yet professional communication.
- Experience providing customer support (level 1 / level 2) in a technical support setting a plus.
- Quick learner. Eager to learn, be an effective team player, and make a meaningful and significant contribution to the team overall.
- Relevant certifications a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.