Detail Equipment Engineer
This role focuses on the network equipment for projects at Data Centers and major sites that are needed for various computing technologies: Cloud Platforms, Security, Network Virtualization and Verizon's Software Defined Network.
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
CEE provides and supports construction and provisioning teams with detailed project installation packages (I-Specs), schematics, and material ordering while maintaining records in centralized engineering databases called ICON and VENUE.
The selected candidate will fulfill functions within the organization that may include:
- Perform detailed equipment engineering for new network build outs and augments. This includes the creation of I-Specs for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, requisitioning of project materials/equipment, and ensuring vendor delivery.
- Creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between cross functional teams to ensure successful, on-time completion.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Manage, input, and update Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venue...) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
- Provide general guidance to cross functional teams as it pertains to Network projects, systems, and process.
- Resolve a wide array of engineering issues in coordination with other internal/external organizations.
- Maintain higher level privileges and access to system applications that are required to manipulate the engineering data.
- 5-10 years related experience with Equipment/Detailed Engineering
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Detail oriented
- Strong knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business
- Technical degree preferred
CEE provides and supports construction
detailed project installation packages
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.