Sr. Business Analyst #1522
The Sr. Business Analyst, Medical IT will support IT initiatives sponsored by the Worldwide Medical Organization.
The Medical team provides scientific and medical expertise for late stage development and post market support for client's drugs for both internal and external customers. Within the Medical IT team, systems analysis is critical to partnering with Medical to deliver IT solutions aligned with prioritized medical capabilities. According to Medical's stated objectives, those business capabilities are how they deliver on Medical's vision "To Advance and Drive Medical Practice in Neuroscience to Improve Measurable Patient Outcomes".
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The person in this role supports the information technology strategy and leads business and systems analysis activities for technology implementations used by scientists, physicians and disease experts, who review, prepare and present information to answer questions from healthcare providers, internal groups and patient services and oversee late stage (Phase IV) clinical trials. The analyst in this role will partner with Medical IT Leads to support digital innovation and process improvements to systems and services including CRM, Medical Information, content management, collaboration, data analysis, and knowledge bases used by the Global Medical team to develop and share accurate and up-to-date information about client's sciences and products.
Some key system analyst responsibilities include:
1. System analysis planning and monitoring
- Conduct system impact analysis to determine system classifications (ex. GxP vs. non-GxP) for establishing appropriate System Development Lifecyle model to follow. Some medical processes require Biogen systems to be compliant with relevant regulatory bodies as well as GDPR considerations, like Medical Information.
2. Requirements elicitation, management and communication
- Conducts business capability and requirements gathering workshops
- Develops explicit use cases/user stories; test script mapping
- Documents and validates traceable business and functional requirements; data requirements; process flow diagrams
- Creates wireframes/mock-up prototypes, where appropriate.
3. Requirements analysis
- Develops and documents solution approach with vendor and/or developer
- Prioritizes requirements
- Creates product/business lifecycle roadmap, where applicable
4. Requirements traceability
- Assist QA team with SIT test case preparation and execution
- Delivers Traceability Matrix reports
5. User Acceptance Testing and Execution
- Developed detailed UAT scripts that map to business requirements
- Facilitate UAT execution with business stakeholders
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a system analyst, with command of business analysis techniques, methodologies and tools. Familiar with various techniques to elicit, validate, and prioritize user and functional requirements
- Experience in Salesforce and Veeva platforms preferred
- Validation experience preferred
- Domain knowledge and experience preferred with medical information and distributed systems, and understanding of the regulatory requirements and landscape as well as field medical
- Strong technical aptitude and skillset
- Project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
- MS Outlook, Lync, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Project knowledge.
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer/Software Engineering or a combination of related degree and / or experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.