job summary: V&V Engineer Needed in Monroeville, PA
V&V for Software testing for next generation of sleep therapy devices.
location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Learn from and adhere to internal quality manual (Quality System Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms).
- Perform manual and automated testing of medical devices with embedded software. Testing includes but is not limited to:
- Testing via the device User interface
- Remote testing via wired communication interfaces
- Remote testing via wireless communication interfaces
- Peripheral (SD Card, external measurement, etc.) functionality testing via SD Card, wired, and wireless interfaces
- Perform manual and automated testing of software only medical devices (iOS apps, web apps, etc.)
- Perform Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Review code for logic errors, proper coding conventions, best practices, etc., and provide feedback
- Quickly learn to use automated test tools and specialty test equipment; develop and validate automated test scripts.
- Log defects and issues found during V&V activities and track to closure.
- Prioritize project tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining quality of work.
- Work in a team environment; peer review work.
- Provide weekly project status reports.
- Develop test plans, test procedures, trace matrices, and test reports.
- Perform regression analysis and determine testing associated with design changes.
- Work closely with Design Quality Engineer to identify safety related units in software
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years professional experience.
- Candidates must have experience in testing embedded software on medical devices.
- Experience with C / C++ is required.
- Experience with software V&V of embedded devices is required
- Basic understanding of global medical device regulations, requirements, and standards preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.