Our Client is seeking a Senior Windows Server Engineer
for an exciting contract-to-hire opportunity in Atlanta. The Senior Systems Engineer - Windows Systems will work as part of a senior team to provide engineering and support of the Active Directory, Office 365, and the Windows infrastructure in an enterprise environment. This individual will be responsible for project based work as well as top level support for operational teams. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with Microsoft technologies and services. Although a strong competency in Microsoft is required, this candidate should also have a basic understanding Unix/Linux to be able to make recommendations on integration between environments. The position will focus on engineering project work as well as support escalation.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manage and maintain Active Directory infrastructure, Office 365, and cloud federation
- automate manual processes
- Translate corporate policies into GPOs
- Provide documentation, training, and mentorship to operational staff
- Deploy and manage Active Directory tools such as ARS, Change Auditor, Enterprise Reporter and UCCS
2/3 years of supporting:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Microsoft Server environments supporting:
- Active Directory (including replication, operations master roles, etc.)
- Group Policy Objects (advanced skills), domain controllers DHCP, DNS, IPsec
- Experience with troubleshooting issues around single sign on and pass through authentication
- Advanced scripting and automation for AD, Office 365 and other Microsoft technologies
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms such as Air Watch or Intune, etc.
- Experience supporting Office 365 environments: Azure AD, Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, etc.
- Strong operational and/or change management experience in a distributed open systems active directory environment
- Experience with Active Directory federation, SSO, and integration with cloud application
- MCSE or MCSM in the relevant technology areas of Messaging, Communication, SharePoint, and Directory Services
- Experience in an ITIL environment and/or certification is preferred
- Experience with Centrify, Microsoft EMS suite, and Azure
- Experience with MS System Center products -SCCM, SCORCH, and SCOM
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Understanding of Hypervisors and virtual environments
- Experience with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Experience with Scripting (PowerShell, VB, Pearl, etc.) to manage and automate complex system tasks and automation
- Experience with integration between AD and applications for automation and single sign on capabilities
- Experience in designing and supporting Federation Services
- Experience with SSO and Pass-through Authentication
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Experience with Enterprise Identity Management solutions
- Team player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.