Exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager with a background in software development and/or infrastructure project management on a 6-12 month contract basis, with a potential for direct hire.
- This Senior IT Project Manager will have responsibilities for planning and executing Digital Technology projects that contribute to the achievement of the company's strategic roadmap.
- The ideal candidate will effectively lead the planning and implementation of projects to enable the organization to succeed and meet strategic deliverables.
- This candidate must have the ability to collaborate and be tenacious about problem solving.
- This position will work closely with individual contributors as well as senior and executive level leadership.
- This position focuses on managing multiple Digital Technology projects, which may include implementation of third party solutions, application development and infrastructure optimization solutions.
location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Communicate and manage project vision with leadership and team to ensure an understanding of the project plan and scope in conjunction with company's commitments and customer expectations.
- Define deliverables, scope of work and develop detailed schedule for projects to ensure value is provided to the customer/requestor and business objective and goals are met.
- Build highly effective project teams, and establish effective relationships with impacted departments and functional areas.
- Communicate expectations and instill accountability in team members.
- Resolve conflicts, promote work sharing, and motivate teams toward common goals.
- Apply project management principles including project financial management, scope and schedule management, risk and opportunity management, critical problem solving, variance and root cause analysis techniques to ensure on time delivery of product capabilities that meet customer requirements.
- Make timely and sound business decisions that support the business objectives of the organization.
- Summarize and present key information to Senior Leadership enabling them to make decisions
- Manage multiple projects, tasks, and resources through effective organization, prioritization, and time management practices to meet operational objectives.
- Participate in continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, or in the absence of a degree, a minimum of six years of related experience.
- Experience with project management oversight of software development and/or infrastructure initiatives.
- Experience building and managing schedules in MS Project.
skills: - Experience working in a government and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience managing projects in the following areas - Mobile applications, SAP / ERP systems, Business Warehouse
- Experience with multiple project methodologies including agile Scrum methodology
- Experience leading data migration activities
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.