Jr. Systems Engineer
Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry, has an immediate need for Junior Systems Engineer to work in an AWS environment with one of our large financial clients in Rockville, Maryland.
This is a multi-year assignment paying up to $45/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
We are looking for an individual to join our team in a junior technical role to provide operations support, engineering, and coordination activities for AWS operations. This position presents an excellent opportunity to work in an environment supporting rapidly advancing cutting-edge activities with AWS.
We are not expecting an individual to join our team with all of the skills required to be fully successful in the role. Instead, the candidate must demonstrate they have sufficient experience in enough of the subject matters below that we can complement their skills and experience with on the job training to help them grow into the position over a few months.
- Experience in a development, engineering, or operations role (Developer, Test Engineer, Systems Admin, Database Admin, NOC or DevOps).
- Support application, infrastructure and system health awareness using monitoring tools. Perform troubleshooting of system, network, and application related issues.
- Experience providing support for Linux (primary) and Windows (secondary) systems. This includes assisting teams with assessing issues.
- Basic database experience, which should include understanding and executing SQL.
- Systems integration exposure helpful. Nearly all of the applications/systems are integrated with other systems. This position will provide support to development, engineering, and operations teams for setup and troubleshooting, as well as coordinating remediation of challenges. This includes working with those teams, as well as users.
- This position will support our continuously evolving presence in AWS. We utilize many services provided by AWS, and continuously evolving as AWS evolves. Having some level of experience with AWS services, and supporting systems in AWS is highly desired.
- Scripting experience is highly desired.
- Strong communication skills are required. This position interfaces with many teams and success will depend on developing professional relationships and having positive professional interactions with others.
- Core hours for this position follow business hours. However, after hours and weekend support are expected based on project needs.
skills: Must Have:
Nice to Have:
- Python Scripting
- Some knowledge/exposure to AWS (supporting systems in AWS)
- Experience supporting (troubleshooting/monitoring/performance tuning) Linux & Windows environments
- Some SQL
- Automation experience
- Reporting/ dashboarding
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.