As a Network Provisioning Engineer, you will be part of the larger Network Engineering Team with primary responsibilities that include provisioning new network services, routine maintenance of Two Sigma's global network as well as a strong focus on service restoration during operational incidents.
You will work on aspects of Two Sigma's datacenters, corporate office and DMZ environments, WAN links, colocation facilities and external client connections. You will have a focus on implementation consistency and efficiency through scripting and automation.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Gathering requirements from internal clients and provisioning connectivity to external trading and market data venues.
- Circuit installs and turn-ups requiring skills ranging from procurement to routing protocol configuration
- Monitor the network to ensure service reliability and remediation of incidents.
- Diligence and responsiveness to time critical outages and performance degradation events, ability to troubleshoot network events
- Routing implementations of routing changes, firewall rules/ACLs, load balancing changes.
- New device deployments from multiple vendors.
- Creation and maintenance of network documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Automation of repetitive tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with 3+ years professional experience provisioning telecommunications wide area circuits (e.g. Ethernet, WDM, fiber optics, structured cabling, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Experience with routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, PIM)
- Prior network engineering/operations experience in support of enterprise networks
- Experience with switching/routing network platforms (e.g. Cisco, Juniper)
- Experience with firewall administration (e.g. Palo Alto, ASA, SRX)
- Experience with wireless platforms (e.g. Cisco, Aruba)
- Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to systematically identify root cause
- Strong communication skills with vendors, management, and clients.
- CCNA/JNCIA or similar certification
skills: You will work on aspects of Two Sigma's datacenters, corporate office and DMZ environments, WAN links, colocation facilities and external client connections. You will have a focus on implementation consistency and efficiency through scripting and automation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.