This candidate will be supporting installations of hardware/software, addressing break/fix situations, helpdesk tickets, and end-users.
location: Euclid, Ohio
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Work with and maintain a variety of current and legacy versions of the Windows Operating System.
- Work with and maintain both older and newer technology solutions used within Lincoln Electric.
- Deploy devices and required software for new users.
- Deploy upgraded devices for retired hardware.
- Perform Operating System upgrades (inplace upgrades or re-images)
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software issues.
- Good general business knowledge with sound understanding of an application area and the ability to apply that knowledge.
- Enhanced skills in dealing with customers.
- Ability to write documentation, memoranda and status reports which meet company standards as required.
- Maintain and display a sense of personal and professional pride. Maintain high personal standards of performance. Willingly accept responsibility and perform expected and unexpected tasks. Willingly exert extra effort when necessary to get the job done.
- Basic networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
- Active Directory concepts such as Group Policy, AD Site problem, Domain Authentication issues, cached credentials and group membership issues.
- Windows device driver problems, use of Event Viewer, Task Scheduler, managing Services, understanding of Group Memberships, understanding of NTFS permissions and understanding of changes to the Windows platform as a result of User Account Control (UAC).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.