Randstad Technologies is looking for a talented Senior Project Manager with strong technical project development and leadership skills for a client at the forefront of fintech and financial services. Strong communication, leadership and attention to detail are required along with a focus on project organization, management and effective collaboration with key stakeholders. This role is heavily focused on managing several development projects related to application development as well as the overall program portfolio for Fixed Income Analytics.
location: Santa Monica, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Program and project level management and reporting to key senior stakeholders
- hands-on coding support as team lead of software developers: Java, Oracle, Oracle back-end, and Kafka
- Active management of Agile storyboards for development as well as the construction and management of the Project workplan
- Managing different work efforts using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Active management of project and program-related risks, issues, reporting and timely tracking of actions across project stakeholders owners
- Escalation and resolution of impacts to key project milestones
- Management of allocated project resources and work efforts, as well as proactive identification/resolution of resource contention issues with respective managers
- Creation and execution of a communications plan/matrix across all project team stakeholders
- Ownership over all key project artifacts from requirements, specifications, plans, status, checklists and approvals
- Ownership of the change management process as project execution progresses through to closure - deployment management remains the responsibility of the Development Manager
- Coordinate efforts with cross-functional teams with diverse skill-sets and functional area
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field preferred
- 10+ years in project management experience on technology and product development efforts
- 5+ years managing large project of work focused on commercial product delivery
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working with senior technology, business leaders and development teams
- Applied experience managing efforts with MS Project and Agile storyboards
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders as well as work with the leadership team to: mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Product, Quantitative , Financial Engineering and Development teams
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.