- My client Group is looking for a mid-level IT Support Specialist with solid communication, organization, and technical skills, to help support our rapidly growing internal user base.
- This is an opportunity to join a group of professionals providing excellent support to a dynamic, fast-growing enterprise.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Working efficiently with users to identify root cause of issues with hardware, software, break/fix issues, connectivity, peripherals, and IT services.
- Tackling task work within our enterprise systems and applications - provisioning accounts, troubleshooting issues in Active Directory, O365, Shoretel, SCCM, SalesForce, Jamf, Okta, Service Now, and much more.
- Assisting with Microsoft Exchange and/or Office365 task work - confirming email addresses; checking and updating distribution lists, creating and managing room resources, shared mailboxes, etc.
- Setting up accounts and hardware for incoming hires and tearing down the same for departing employees - building accounts; imaging and deploying hardware; retrieving hardware.
- Setting up, monitoring, and troubleshooting of audio-visual systems for company meetings, events, conference rooms, and guest speakers. AV and meeting support experience a plus.
- Helping the team with basic inventory and stock room tasks - scanning delivered hardware into inventory; arranging warranty repair and replacement of broken items; cleaning and maintaining stock rooms; doing physical asset counts and inventory management.
- Helping with creating and maintaining process documentation
- Prioritization and ticket queue management (ordering work by oldest, last commented, most critical, etc.)
- Resolving all user IT issues quickly, efficiently, and to their utmost satisfaction.
- Eagerness to learn the processes and procedures for IT
skills: Who you are
- You love to help people and solve problems
- You are a motivated self-starter and learn and retain quickly and easily.
- You have 2-5 years of experience supporting the IT needs of an office
- You have phenomenal in-person, phone, and written communication skills
- You enjoy figuring out hardware, software, account, and connectivity issues such as: Outlook and MS Office issues, password resets, troubleshooting wireless/wired connectivity, printer connectivity, folder/file permissions, etc.
- You are comfortable with AV systems and meeting support
- You have excellent customer service and teamwork skills
- You are great in managing expectations and de-escalating stressed user situations
- You are familiar working with service tickets - updating; assigning; closing; sorting; filtering, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.