job summary: General Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
Incumbents provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 computer technical support to internal client customers and perform related work as necessary.
The purpose is to ensure internal customers can effectively use computer resources as tools so that they can in turn perform their job functions.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and respond to customer inquiries via telephone, voicemail, email and ticketing systems.
- Monitor and maintain all IT Service Desk tickets. Responds to and close tickets appropriately.
- Consults with peers, developers, network, and server team personnel on the operation of applications for fast and efficient resolution to users' issues.
- Notifies the appropriate personnel on network outages and other computer system outages.
- Images, installs and troubleshoots workstations (PCs) at client offices
- Installs, troubleshoots, configures, and deploys software and hardware.
- Installs, instructs and troubleshoots peripherals such as printers, scanners and signature pads.
- Supports client Service Centers technology needs, this includes maintaining computer systems.
- Supports client offices and Remote Depots' technology needs, this includes maintaining computer systems.
- Works with outside vendors to report and resolve faulty equipment.
- Upgrades workstations to meet software specifications.
- Use software utilities to maintain user accounts this includes changing passwords for email and accounts.
- Utilize remote tools to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve user issues as applicable.
- Documents and shares special procedures as needed.
- Work on special projects as required.
qualifications: Qualifications Required At Hire:
- Knowledge and concepts of computer hardware and software support within a Windows environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and resolve complex technology issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently.
- Ability to establish rapport with others.
- Ability to prepare and use technical documentation and flow charts.
- Ability to manage assigned vendors when problems are escalated.
- Demonstrate ownership of the support ticket lifecycle.
- 2-3 Years of Tier 2 and 3 PC/Computer support.
- Knowledge of servers and networking technology would be a plus.
- Technical certifications are a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.