job summary: Our client is current seeking a Computer Audit Technician for a 6+ month ongoing contract opportunity in Roseville, CA.
location: Roseville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $13 - 15 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
The repair technician will need to have "hands on experience" inspecting/repairing all types of Apple and PC computers, mobile devices (laptops, tablets, iMacs, towers, tablets, iPhone, Android) as well as experience with diagnostics and trouble shooting. RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The following is a list of the major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Visual inspection of each individual product for physical damages.
- Test of each individual product/computer(s) from a hardware port basis.
- Test of each individual product/computer(s) from a software basis.
- Test of each individual product/computer(s) from a functionality basis.
- Verification of unit specifications through company software database.
- Moving of products to inventory through company software database.
- Verifies that all electronic devices are audited accurately and information is transferred into company software database.
- Ensure electronic devices are transferred to the appropriate department for processing prior to moving product into inventory and closing out the quote. Items are bagged and labeled based on size, shape, and model.
- Familiarity with Apple products, and Apple OS.
- Familiarity with Windows based products.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work in a production environment.
Adept at reading and writing; uses professional business grammar and transmits a friendly, courteous and professional demeanor. Excellent communication skills (e.g., listening, writing, speaking, etc.) and interpersonal skills; including the ability to communicate confidently and effectively over the phone or in person. Keeps written and verbal communications clear and straightforward; explains technical terms when these must be used.
Uses common sense to fulfill job requirements and carry out instructions; capable of dealing with problems involving several variables; must pay attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and supportable decisions.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and accept unfamiliar challenges.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Work is performed in a warehouse setting with temperature fluctuations seasonally. Standing, sitting, bending, bending at the waist, crouching, kneeling, leaning, balancing, lifting, carrying, pulling, reaching, twisting, squatting, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with the hands during an 8 hour period.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Employee must adhere to all safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
skills: EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Apple certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior experience and knowledge in diagnosing computers.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.