Lead IT Database Analyst
IT Database Analyst Ld
The Data Management and Analytics team has an assignment for an IT Database Analyst (DBA) lead-level role. In this role, candidates will assist with operational and project work in support of SQL Database Administration.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Help design, deploy, and migrate complex SQL environments to newer versions as well as work with software developers, consultants, and system engineers to create scalable and repeatable SQL DB solutions.
Experience with the following is required: SQL Clustering, Transact-SQL & MS Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) knowledge, Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Availability Groups, Database capacity planning, and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Proficient in designing/implementing/administering large and complex SQL Server environments
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Strong experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Solid hands-on experience in SQL HA solutions like SQL Clustering, ALWAYS ON, Database mirroring and Replication technologies
- SQL Development - ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Experience with virtualization technologies
-Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering) and a minimum six years of related work experience with database application development, database administration, and/or operating system administration with RDBMS.
-In lieu of degree, a minimum of eight years related work experience with database application development, database administration, and/or operating system administration with RDBMS may be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.