Preferred Language is Node.JS/Java and Ruby/React is secondary; MUST have:
- Experience building/support API's.
- Looking for a candidate who can be strategic, strong problem solving skills (think outside of the box), hands-on individual contributor w/coding skills.
- REQUIRED to have API development with exposure to UI rather than the other way, emphasis on API/Backend Development expertise.
- Candidate who is independent/motivated and candidate with API development background
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 100 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: The Opportunity:
- The team is building API services for the subscription platform.
- Client has over 125 products, the subscription management group is the backbone for customers to try, buy, entitle and use all the products offering.
- The team is driving the transformation of Client's business models, account & user management. We solve complex problems, build to scale, improve reliability, and make sure things work seamlessly for millions of users across our product lines. We tackle difficult architectural, performance and reliability problems across a complex landscape.
- The team critical to this business transformation is looking for a Software Engineer. You will design APIs, implement features and own a platform. You will work with product owner, developers and operations to implement the platform roadmap.
7-8 years of experience with back end/API development.
skills: SKILLS NEEDED:
Nice to have skills:
- 7-8 years of experience with back end/API development.
- React, Front end web UI development experience.
- Production experience: candidates with experience building code that their company "owned" from the development to deployment - Owned platform end-to-end.
- 3+ years' experience using cloud platforms such as AWS, Caching, SQL, Queue, Elastic Search, ECS/Container.
- Experience with third-party APIs and Web Services.
- Node.JS (Java or Ruby is secondary) -any one of OO language.
- Experience with Agile development, preferably Scrum.
- Experience with Git, Perforce and code management.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.