The client has implemented a new case and document management system utilizing Open Text's Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP) platform. The cleint wishes to improve the platform by implementing a series of refinements.
The client is seeking a Documentum xCP Applications Developer who understands Documentum's Data Model, Object Model, Security Model and is able to design and architect applications. The candidate should have experience with xCP 2.x, have knowledge of task manager customization, workflow development, process builder / manager and workflow method development. The primary focus of this Applications Developer is to improve the stability and functionality of the platform by implementing a series of application refinements using the Documentum xCP 2.2 solution development platform. This professional should be able to work with business users to translate business requirements into technical specifications. They should be able to develop technical documentation and provide knowledge transfer to internal client staff.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Reviews, identifies and recommends changes to allow the existing application reports to run more efficiently and timely.
- Assesses existing workflows and recommending changes to improve the performance and stability of the application.
- Analyzes existing attributes and permission sets for possible issues impacting the application.
- Assists in the cleansing of several control tables to improve application performance.
- Removes unnecessary processes and utilities that burden the system.
- Aids in the partial migration of legacy data stored in the form of JSON files.
- Defines requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Defines resources and schedule for project implementation.
- Performs team assessments and evaluations.
- Designs and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Communicates technical issues and challenges in a timely manner to the technical lead and/or management.
- Gathers business requirements, makes technical recommendations and leads implementation efforts within the organization.
- Current working experience with Java and Apache Tomcat in either a development or design role.
- Manage user and role based security within Documentum and other imaging products.
- Former local, state, federal government experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Judiciary and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Bar Admission process is preferred.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- 5+ years Object Oriented application development experience in a structured environment with a defined software development lifecycle
- Experience with integration of various systems including Apache Tomcat, Documentum Content Server / Repositories.
- Knowledge of Documentum 7.x Content Server in a Windows / Oracle Server Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.