We are looking for a RWE Database Analyst to provide expertise in the querying of each database used by the Analytics team as part of the project feasibility and/or execution using real-world databases.
location: Northbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1) Querying and executing feasibility and/or fast track analysis from broad functional users, including medical, internal business/commercial in an appropriate manner (SQL, SAS, R, or other language or tools).
2) Optimizing, tuning query performance and developing automatic tools (e.g. SAS/R macros) for frequent questions and routine reports.
3) Supporting internal team on study plans or protocols development by executing analytic data tables, and in executing studies under the direction of an analyst to build the analysis and create descriptive or statistical analyses.
4) Performing quality control on data extracting and/or transforming as part of peer review process.
5) Developing logical and physical data structure in term of implement standard data model.
6) Assisting the infrastructure team in the development and maintenance of database structures created from RWI datasets.
7) Following internal and external procedures, best practice guidelines, and regulations including SOPs, ISPOR Good Practices for Outcomes Research, ICH-GCP, and internal standards such as templates and documentation standards.
8) Meeting regularly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure mutual understanding of the protocol design, required output and timelines.
9) Where applicable, ensures compliance with the Standard Data Tabulation Model based on CDISC.
1) Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Computer 2) Science OR 3-5 years of relevant programming experience
3) Excellent SQL programming skill with experience on large databases (i.e. millions of records across multiple tables)
4) Excellent SAS macro programming skills
5) Experience supporting healthcare analytics using data such as administrative insurance claims database and/or EMR databases (e.g., IBM-Truven, Optum, Humedica, IMS Pharmetrics +, GEhealth, Flatiron, etc.)
6) Must be able to meet timelines with minimal supervision of progress, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task
- Preferable knowledge of at least one statistical package (e.g. R, S-Plus, Stata)
- Strong knowledge and experience with reporting packages (e.g. Qlik, Tebleaue, Excel)
- Knowledge of coding against common real-world data types (claims and EMR) and common data models
- Understanding of Data Warehouse, star schema and dimension fact data model
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.