Randstad Technologies is seeking a talented technician/technical support professional in either North Dakota or Montana. This position will be responsible for providing remote and on-site technical support of systems, installation of new systems, and documenting service issues into a tracking system. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and exhibit a positive attitude. Prior technical support experience of both hardware and software, or formal IT education is required. A+, Network+, MCP certification preferred. Experience with any of the following is a definite plus: telephony, VoIP, radio recording, SQL Server support.
location: Billings, Montana
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for providing analysis, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of customer inquiries via phone, e-mail, and in the field when necessary
- Become a subject matter expert with deep knowledge about the technologies used and their specific configuration.
- Learn new products and applications as necessary to remain an expert
- Installation of new equipment at customer sites
- Support sales team in answering questions and understanding products
- Basic hardware repair
- Establish and maintain rapport with employees and customers at all levels of technical knowledge.
- Responsible for various miscellaneous tasks associated with product/customer support activities
- Hardware troubleshooting/basic hardware repair experience
- Software troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of networks
- Excellent communication/customer service skills
- Good driving record
- Must be available for up to 40%-60% travel
- Ability to travel frequently
- Strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.