Business Analyst III
The BI Analyst will lead the design, build, test and deployment of BI projects that effectively support decisions making across the Transmission department. In this role, you will be providing transactional and analytical support to monitor and improve performance levels in various business areas. You will work closely with the business unit team, to build and execute key activities supporting the business projects, initiatives or business strategy. This includes but is not limited to reporting, analysis, and recommendations to support the strategy and improve the organization areas and projects. This position could also require supporting development of robotic automation processes in the business.
(Guidant Job Description for BA SME) - Responsible for all IT business consulting activities for a business group or function serving as the primary interface between business groups and IT. Responsible for understanding the work processes of the assigned business group and evaluating and integrating IT products and services into the business area to meet business needs or business process improvements. Provides technical knowledge to ensure efficient design, development, implementation, and support of systems and interfaces with programmers to explain solutions. Responsible for overall customer satisfaction, customer communications, problem resolution consultation or oversight, and development and adherence to service level agreements. Responsible for IT representation on assigned business areas steering teams, quality improvement teams, and continuous improvement teams, project implementation teams and working groups. May also participate in the testing and evaluation of new IT solutions. Responsible for working with assigned business areas to do annual and long range IT investment planning. Coordinates the Application Portfolio Management (APM) Process for the assigned business department to systematically review the functional and technical health of all business applications on an annual basis (entire portfolio is assessed over a 3 year rolling cycle). Outputs of the APM Process are feeders to the short and long term planning process.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Support (Lead where required) a variety of analytical and business intelligence projects
- Contribute in the development and automation of next generation data visualization capabilities for reports and presentations.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data
- Develops periodic performance reports and distributes them to stakeholders
- Provides analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Ensure alignment of BI projects with Operational Excellence strategies
- Provide analytical support for KPIs and root cause analysis
This is a demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities. The position works within a team environment, which requires communication with all levels of management and with other departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT / Engineering field
- Demonstrate experience in data analytic tools (Power BI, Tableau, Python)
- 5-10 yrs experience in data modelling, data analysis, query building, visualization through Power BI
- Strong ERP skills, preferably IBM Maximo
- Superior computer desktop applications (Excel, Power Point) skills
- Strategic/analytical thinking
- Previous Developer Experience
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Ability to gather requirements and work independently or as part of the team to develop reports.
skills: Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities: 10+ years experience in workstation desktop and mobile technology support and troubleshooting. At least 10 years of experience participating in delivering IT projects. Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with customers, IT management and teammates. Facilitate meetings and provide direction to others. PMP Certification. Demonstrated ability to lead efforts across multiple business groups.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.