Software License / Contract Analyst
Long term project opportunity up to one year North of Houston.
Established client looking for a Technical Analyst resource doing analytics and reconciliation of software purchase records (license entitlements; to include site licenses, enterprise licenses, end user licenses) against software deployments (installs) to come up with a license compliance position on any given software application.
Hands on experience with negotiating and developing software contracts; to include developed contract terms, redlined contracts, negotiated commercial terms, etc. and managing end user licensing.
location: Spring, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Hands on experience with negotiating and developing software contracts and managing end user licensing. Assist with operational reviews and reports regarding software compliance status. Work with distributors / Value Added Resellers for purchase history and reporting. Provide weekly reporting and analysis. On an as needed basis, attend and provide weekly software compliance updates to management.
· Expert knowledge of "Software License Management" fundamentals. Understands legalese like warranties, data protection, GDPR and the implication a contract could have globally.
· Expert Knowledge of software reconciliation processes (i.e. comparing and normalizing software installation records to software purchase records)
· Expert+ at Microsoft Excel
· Expert at data analysis and fuzzy logic
skills: · Highly analytical, detail oriented and accurate.
· Ability to work with all levels of staff, management, and leadership teams
· Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and have a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement.
· Ability to deal appropriately with confidential information.
· Functions independently with good problem solving skills in order to take corrective action when required for software license compliance.
· Experience in purchasing, accounting and contract management.
· Experienced with end user software license management for a global organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.