Sr. DevOps Engineer
Randstad is supporting a client who is looking for a DevOps Engineer to support a computer vision powered industrial manufacturing safety system. This system is designed to mitigate unsafe behavior and prevent accidents before they have a chance to even happen.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a deep interest in computer vision powered technology and the curiosity to drive new and innovative technologies.
If that sounds like you, please read on.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Build and own cloud platform operations. Responsibilities range from production environment build, deployments to automation and performance tuning.
- Anticipate operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets. Recommend solutions to operational problems identified.
- Work closely with development team to manage system lifecycle including change and configuration management
- Troubleshoot any emergency infrastructure incident to achieve optimal application performance and stability
- 5+ years of relevant experience building AWS based, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure
- Experience with on-prem infrastructure and deployment
- Expert knowledge of Docker for building and maintaining production container environments
- Expert knowledge *NIX OS's, networking, VPCs, network optimization, cloud cost optimization, monitoring
- Deep knowledge in network/cloud security and OWASP
- Experience and deep knowledge in AWS
- EC2, VPS, S3, RDS, Lambda, EBS, CodeDeploy, ElasticSearch, EKS (Kubernetes), Parameter Store, GuardDuty, Fargate, Config, Cloudwatch
- Experience in Serverless apps and automation
- Experience in Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Experience with container deployment of Node.js and PostgresSQL
- Experience in production support (infrastructure and service operation) for large scale deployment, including performance engineering
- Experience in source control and continuous delivery tools (Gitlab, Github)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Good understanding of event management, incident management and problem management
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Knowledge of data science basics and genuine interest in computer vision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.