Consultant - Security Ops
Assist with security verification & validation procedures to ensure the ongoing protection of assets and sensitive customer information - including network diagram, firewall rules, desktop hardening, vulnerability management, physical controls (external and internal access controls, CCTV, guarding, life/safety, etc) application functionality, security logs and audio/video recordings analysis.
location: Freehold, New Jersey
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Assist with security verification & validation procedures to ensure the ongoing protection of assets and sensitive customer information - including network diagram, firewall rules, desktop hardening, vulnerability management, physical controls (external and internal access controls, CCTV, guarding, life/safety, etc) application functionality, security logs and audio/video recordings analysis.
- Work with peers, international counterparts, management and Legal to identify and mitigate areas of risk relative to Global projects and operations, and provide recommendations for controls to the same.
- Responsibilities include developing, implementing, and communicating information security standards, policies, procedures, and tests.
- Provides technical and/or analytical support to solve a wide range of complex issues/problems.
- Manage, coordinate and track mitigations to ensure appropriate progress within recommended time frame.
- Provide management periodic updates and as requested by Supervisor, give occasional presentations to senior management and/or Legal on varying topics of Security interest
- Must have at least 5 years overall in a technology role. An additional 2-3 years of experience in Cyber Security, Information Security or an Information Assurance role is highly desired
- Knowledge of a broad array of security solutions to address many complex control scenarios
- Strong experience in task / project management including complex, fast paced, highly sensitive projects
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to adjust presentation style to the needs of the audience and based on the intended objective as well as to negotiate to effective solutions.
- Requires a range of skills within physical, network and information security including familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies to work on generally complex operational or technical activities and an applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices. Familiarity with standards such as ISO and NIST are required
- Experience in in physical security and/or onsite physical security reviews
- Quick and effective analytical skills to identify security risks and/or gaps in security controls
- Ability to understand the business processes within a targeted audit and to present technical information clearly to a nontechnical audience
- Excellent problem solving skills to evaluate control alternatives that best reduce risk while maximizing enablement of the business
- Experience in global operations, offshoring, outsourcing - Global Verizon outsourcing knowledge and expertise in associated risks
- Requires ongoing interest in cutting edge technologies
- Bachelor's degree in CS, IA or similar or equivalent work experience
- Active Security+, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CFE, or CEH Certification preferred.
- Training/background attending security conferences, SANS certifications, chairing of forums, writing of security/technical books and/or similar web content highly desirable
skills: Security Ops
Active Security+, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CFE, or CEH Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.