Randstad Technologies is looking for a Senior Java Developer to serve as a lead on the development team and is responsible for implementing the technical architecture, analysis of current issues and developing proposed solutions. This role requires close partnerships and collaboration with senior developers, business stakeholders and technology management.
location: Santa Monica, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Must be a hands-on technical development resource and mentor for other developers on the team
- Able to create and drive implementations of designs for large complex technology systems
- Analyze technology environment, focusing on current issues and proposing solutions
- Create prototype solutions, participate in technology selection process
- Support project management in planning and resource utilization
- Lead teams in new feature development as well as maintenance
- Knowledgeable about current distributed technologies with applied experience
- Ensures high quality and testable solutions are implemented
- 5+ years of highly technical and analytical development experience in Java and Spring framework
- Strong knowledge and applied experience with varied computer languages and operating systems, particularly Java, Linux and Windows; C# and C/C++ are pluses
- Strong experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot and other Spring technologies
- Experience with relational and distributed data stores (e.g. Oracle 12c, Cassandra, etc.)
- Applied experience with Kafka streaming, JMS and other messaging technologies
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes and other container technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and/or Information Systems
- Ability to mentor more junior team members on the development team
- Ability to approach development related tasks and challenges in an independent, creative and solutions-driven approach
- Solid communications in collaboration across business units and senior stakeholders
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.