job summary: Summary:
- There is an opportunity for a position within Global Markets Technology FICC organization for a programmer to join the Development and Technology Group.
- The development position requires someone with strong technical skills, ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, and be able to deliver a first class solution.
- This team works closely with other teams across the FICC business to provide automation tooling, management reporting, and other horizontal solutions. Being able to design & create applications, user interfaces, and build tools are essential in order to strive in this fast paced, changing environment.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Creation of UI templates for branded look and feel
- Generation of unit tests to ensure future reliability of code
- Active participation in team development processes & ceremonies
- Understanding of Object Orientated programming languages
- Experience with AJAX and REST
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and CI tooling
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and must be a team player
- Ability to work independently on projects and manage concurrent tasks
- Strong communication skills, with a global team both written and oral.
- Understanding/Knowledge of large scale application Infrastructure technologies including databases, middleware, batch schedulers, grids, etc
- Level of UNIX/Linux understanding as needed to use tooling and implement applications
- Experience with React and Redux
- Knowledge of Python
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems quickly and effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.