We are seeking a Project Manager in Rochester, NY to join our growing team
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and maintain day-to-day relationships with the client, Ardent's internal team, and vendors while working toward delivering a successful project to the client.
Your role as Project Manager
is vital to client satisfaction, project efficiency, and team unity. The Project Manager will work with several clients at once, checking in with them weekly on their active projects and probing for open issues and opportunities that need to be addressed. The aim is to get to know a set of specific clients so well that the Project Manager can recognize small issues with the account before they become big issues.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Oversee design, development, and production of projects to ensure client specifications and deadlines are met.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Provide project support to participating internal and external talent.
- Interface with interdepartmental members as it relates to each project.
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve the tools we use, the processes we follow and how we communicate at Ardent.
- Adhere to project management standards and best practices, while maintaining a reasonable amount of flexibility for the way the client needs Ardent to work.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor progress reports, project plans, timelines and budgets with focus on attention to detail and customer satisfaction - speaking up when deliverables are not in alignment with Ardent standards.
- Work with departmental leadership to staff all project team members. Negotiate with other departmental leadership and Project/Program Managers when talent scheduling conflicts arise.
- Develop purchase orders, track projects from purchase order through invoicing.
- Ensure timely and efficient milestone handoffs internally and externally throughout project.
- Provide proactive status updates to team members, management and clients. Hold internal and external status meetings. Document and communicate decisions and actions from each status meeting.
- Obtain client feedback and work through edits and revisions.
- Work closely and take direction from the Account Director who oversees and owns the accounts. Discuss any project changes that may affect scope, time, cost and or quality.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- When appropriate, start conversations with clients concerning additional Ardent offerings, passing along leads to Development Team.
- Above all, monitor the health of the client relationship through proactive communication.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Proven track record for successful delivery of projects and working cross-functionally with business and information systems/technology.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills with ability to influence and motivate project team members that report to other groups in the organization.
- Experience with large interconnected systems and processes, including complex integrations between multiple third party and internal systems.
- Ability to be flexible in diving into project detail when necessary, while keeping the overall picture in mind.
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive with both verbal and written communication, while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related field
- 5+ years' experience as a Project Manager
- Project management certification (PMP, CAMP) preferred
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.