The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world's largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 62 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
Design and build e-commerce applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features - Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization - Lead and mentor junior developers
Skills 5+ years experience working with the following technologies:
- Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK
- Expert knowledge of the Android SDK - Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
- Experience writing multi-threaded and Networked apps
- Expert level debugging and analysis skills using ADB
- Experience with the application submission/provisioning process
- Experience leading a small team of developers and delegating tasks
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions.
skills: - Have designed and developed a complete Android app from top to bottom.
- Expert knowledge of IntelliJ or Android Studio
- Have worked with OpenGL or the NDK and high performance graphics code
- Web Services experience as it relates to mobile apps
- Solid understanding of Android UI paradigms from Gingerbread to Oreo (Material Design) - Experience with protoc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.