Looking for a Junior System Support Administrator
to join our team. You will be working closely with corporate employees to ensure that all employee computers and technical support questions are resolved. Primary responsibilities include: desktop support, communicating with HQ staff, branch office staff and counterpart IT staff at the company, responding and resolving system support tickets, provide level 1 support for branch office network infrastructure, 1 week rotating on-call schedule and be available for some traveling.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
To be successful in this dynamic environment, qualified candidates must be self-motivated, work closely with others in a true team environment. Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills, logical thinking and attention to detail are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment. *Added responsibilities with progress experience into production Linux/AWS/Windows Servers.
- Minimum 1-2 years Mac OS X and iOS experience
- Minimum 1 year supporting mac environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience troubleshooting Mac hardware
- Experience binding Mac to Active Directory
- Hands on experience recovering backup Mac OS
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP)
- Basic Office365 troubleshooting on Mac OS
- Experience working with AppleTV, iPads, iPhones, Android devices
- Strong front end customer service experience and self-motivated
- Candidates must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in setting up and maintaining desktops, notebooks, printers, and user phones in a corporate environment
- Working knowledge -Windows 7/10, and MS Office
- Windows servers knowledge - Windows 2008 and 2012
- Prior experience/knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory management.
- Linux Redhat/CentOS
- Other Mobile devices
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.