job summary: Contract: W2 Location: Summary:
- The Technical Scrum Master will be responsible for supporting the delivery of strategic technology products.
- Applicants should have a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum Methods, Java/J2ee,Webservices,Automation,etc.
- In addition to acting in the role of Scrum Master, the position requires close collaboration with enterprise Agile Coaches to ensure compliance with the Scrum implementation approach adopted by company. The team is mature in OSAM scaled Agile framework and ppplicants will also be responsible maintain and continue improvement on the maturity.
- Scrum master will report to the engineering manager and will assist in being a technical liaison to the non technical stakeholder and additionally help with analysis,metrics collection,report generation and related project coordination.
location: Horsham, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $49.25 - 59.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Guiding the team(s) and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team(s) on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team(s) and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team(s) to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team(s) using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Perform as an evangelist for company internal implementation of SAFe (SAFe + PLM)
- Helping the department and company mature out of legacy processes
- Help with Root Cause Analysis and maintain other process already in place.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner)
- 5 years of experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for eliciting change in team behavior (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II, SPCT 4++)
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (Java/J2EE,Webservices,UI technology,Automation tools and technology,Jenkins,github,DevOPs technology,Splunk,Dynatrace.etc)
- Previous experience as a development team lead or Java Programmer.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Traditional project management experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.