job summary: Summary:
- Responsible for acquiring applications requirements and configuring Microsoft IIS to baseline standards to meet application requirements. As part of this task, the computer systems engineer engages in the evaluation and installation of software and configuration of that software to meet baseline standards.
- This person has a minimum of 5 yrs. experience and has fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering infrastructure. Includes individuals performing high-level systems support. Responsibilities include providing problem determination and resolution, install and update newly developed software to assigned systems.
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Web Application Configuration & System Engineer to provide the following:
- IIS Configurations. The process of acquiring applications requirements and configuring Microsoft IIS to baseline standards to meet application requirements.
- This is to provide 3rd Level Support - Incident troubleshooting, analysis and resolution for web applications
- Day- to-day administration includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading configurations, troubleshooting server problems.
- Installation of home grown and vendor software, documenting the steps and promoting to upstream teams for deployment. Supporting issues with deployments in the upstream environments.
- Responsible for SSL certificates and IIS configurations.
- Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems.
- Identify alternatives for optimizing computer resources. Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain web applications. Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems. Write and maintain application configuration documentation.
- Candidate must have 5+ of strong experience in Windows Operating System, IIS and .NET application integration.
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, Firewall, Powershell scripting, IPSec, Certificate management, Local and Global load balancing expertise in application integration.
- Candidate should be able to troubleshoot application integration issues in Windows & cross platform environment.
- Must have ability to troubleshoot application integration issues in Windows environment.
- Working in Agile Model\Work Space.
- Knowledge on Venafi, Horizon Platform, Jenkins, and Ansible Tower a huge plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.