job summary: Summary
- The candidate's role is more of a technical coordinator who will be tracking technical vulnerabilities(software/hardware) that get reported out by the security team(inclusive of hardware/software, understand the remediation required, identify the correct team to work with, get the roadmap and plan towards remediation from respective team, track the timelines and report it back to security team.
- Has to initiate and coordinate these to ensure proper tracking and targets are tracked for these security findings. If these remediations required development code change, the resource should be proficient enough to work on those changes as well which warrants expertize in Java/J2EE, WebSphere, Tomcat. Good to have experience in .Net and Mule technologies.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Ability to work independently with or without direction and or supervision with excellent problem solving and communication skills. A good working knowledge of software development principles.
- Experience in DB2 databases and developing stored procedures is a must. Must be familiar with Unix scripting and Autosys. Will also need to be comfortable supporting an existing system, not developing brand new applications. Experience in ETL tools, Java and .NET are a plus.
qualifications: Required Skills
- Good communication skills. Should have the right attitude to pursue a task independently by colloborating with external teams, gather information on what needs to happen in terms of remediating an infrastructure vulnerability or software version bug and get ownership and timelines on those from such teams.
- Be a doer(in terms of ensuring answers are received), not a taker(where others need to keep a tab on if solution roadmaps have been laid out).Sufficient technical knowlege to know what to look for in terms of a vulnerability report and where to look for the same.
- The candidate should also be knowlegable enough to also research and find what it would take to remediate those and get timelines from teams responsible to execute solutions.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, supports, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products within a complex environment that includes multiple connected systems.
- Ability to work independently with or without direction and or supervision with Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- A good working knowledge of software development principles
skills: Desired Skills
- .NET WCF, Java, J2EE, Websphere, DB2, SQL. Should have worked or knowledgeable enough on Windows as well as Linux OS.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.