job summary: Business Overview: Tell us about your department:
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team building new foundational services for the IoT space. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an agile environment which includes test-driven development and pair programming. The environment will be a dev ops model, with our development teams engaged in deploying, monitoring, optimizing and supporting our production environments. Project Description:
This team will be a new team servicing new capabilities. Candidates need to be technically inclined, have the ability to work independently, take general direction, deal with ambiguity and be a self-starter.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $77 - 87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview:
- 80% of the development work is front end, with the remaining 20% being backend work.
- Non-development time is spent in fairly standard Agile ceremonies: iteration planning, retrospectives, product demos and design sessions.
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- Must have 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web-oriented architectures
- Service Oriented Architecture design
- Experience with API's
skills: What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Experience in the use Reactive Java (Reactor)
- Experience with Spring (core, MVC)
- Experience with React/React Native
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience in the use of containers for deployment (e.g. Docker, Rocket)
- Experience as a Technical Lead or Lead Developer on a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesosphere, etc.)
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Aggressive Refactoring
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit or Spock for the backend, Jest or Enzyme for the frontend)
- Experience and/or understanding of IoT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.