Creative Technical Writer
Drill down highly technical information into user manuals, FAQs, and resources for online help and support departments. Technical Writers perform seamless integrations of technical documentation, legal verbiage, and consumer educational requirements for use in cross-functional, multimedia content.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Responsibilities and/or essential job functions
- Create and drive strategic concepts from ideation to implementation for products by working with various organizational leaders from the Sr. Manager to the Executive Director level requiring a keen understanding of Product Strategy, Customer Experience, Marketing, - Product and Development / Engineering
- Use industry, engineering, development and product knowledge to drive buy-in, adoption of strategy, and secure funding while managing the effort with low touch from direct management team
- Coach, hire and train consultants, developers and field sales due to the knowledge across multiple products and platforms required
- Provide strategy, concepts and execution on IoT product creation, deployment, lifecycle and manage the experience with product owners and customers
- Understand customer needs and successfully create strategies and concepts to develop and implement across all enterprise channels
- Coordinate updates with IoT product team (launch, external communications and marketing materials)
- Manage and delegate ThingSpace support content, design, and information architecture to development teams
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Strong technical background and ability to understand and communicate technical documentation
- Ability to test and troubleshoot APIs
- Keen understanding of Agile, Waterfall, software development and product marketing methodologies
- Understanding of design, development and prototyping tools (InVision, Adobe AEM, XML, Markdown, JSON, etc.), JIRA and Clarity
- Must be extremely professional and interact/communicate with working level teams independently in a matrix organizational environment
- Ability to work with a variety team disciplines in development, marketing, product and IT along with consultants and enterprise customers In many different segments of business
- Interact with Sr. Managers and Directors while working to influence strategy, budget and priorities
REQUIRED SHIFT: Standard 40-hour week
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.