Junior Java Developer
Job Description :Client's Health Solutions Group is seeking a Junior Java Developer in a software development project for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The position is located in Bethesda, Maryland.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, develop, and maintain key components of software applications using JEE, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Bootstrap, SOAP/RESTful, XML, SQL, Git and JIRA in an Agile software development environment.
- Support toward development of a technical roadmap.
- Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member's designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback.
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with analysts, architects, DBAs, operations, and testers using Agile Scrum.
- Provide status and other day-to-day communications to the Technical Lead, Scrum Master, and Project Manager
- Periodically provide help desk triage/ production support
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 38 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The candidate must:
- be proactive and result oriented
- have strong design skills
- be a problem-solver
- thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- comfortable working with team members, and end-users
- exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science or IT related discipline
- 2+ years of related experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
skills: Required Skills:
- Java 8 or higher
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Software release management in a Linux environment
- JEE / Servlets
- Database Design (e.g. Entity Relationship Diagrams)
- Object oriented design and development
- Design patterns
- Web Services Development (REST, XML)
- Source Control and CM Tools (e.g. GitHub, BitBucket)
- Unit testing - JUnit
- Active public trust clearance (HHS or NIH) a plus
- Test Driven Development
- JIRA experience
- Spring JDBC
- Spring MVC
- Spring Boot
- SQL Server
-Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.