As a Technical Writer, you'll partner with a Knowledge Base Specialist, other technical writers, and the broader organization to update internal content for our customer-facing Sales agents and in-home technicians. This will involve the creation and maintenance of SEO-friendly articles in the KBs that provide critical guidance to our agents and technicians as well as assisting in the creation of a brand new knowledge base. You'll ensure the accuracy and the timely updating of the internal documentation and will work with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that all content meets our established standards.
Position Overview: You're passionate about creating the best user experience possible through the design and maintenance of effective content. You use applied reasoning and strong analytical skills to be an advocate for our users, identifying and making improvements to the documentation. You're sensitive to the needs both of the customer and of the users of internal documentation and can predict how they may use your writing. You learn quickly, are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate well with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1. Work with a KB Specialist and stakeholders to build out a new Sales agent-focused knowledge base.
2. Make regular content updates the knowledge bases as directed by KB Specialist.
3. Apply knowledge about users' needs and technical writing best practices to review requests and take necessary action to make both simple and complex updates to the knowledge bases.
4. Identify and execute on opportunities to improve current documentation including using SEO best practices to improve search functionality, leveraging user feedback to improve their experience, and brainstorming ideas to improve the users' performance in relation to business KPIs.
- BA/BS degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field, or 4 years equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years in a vendor, agent, or sales support role
- 2+ years experience working in knowledge management systems to develop content (internal or external facing), including articles, standard responses, operating procedures, or training modules
skills: - Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated commitment to providing the best possible customer experience
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, to multi-task and to prioritize effectively while driving high impact, positive results
- Ability to understand and empathize with users' motivations and expectations, allowing for robust development of internal references.
- Must provide writing samples
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.