- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Research plan and literature reviews
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 62 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Data preparation and coding
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Create mocks in Sketch and prototypes in Protopie to evaluate in research studies
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- At least 1 year industry experience conducting user research
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers, field research, surveys.
- Very detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Familiarity with Sketch Familiarity with basic principles of product design and visual design
skills: Preferred Skills
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools, preferably Protopie
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.