Randstad Technologies is seeking a Project Manager for an opportunity in Downtown Kansas City, MO. The primary focus of the Project Manager is to provide leadership, organization and coordination to further develop key project initiatives. The Project Manager will ensure all projects administered by the PMO adhere to the best practices and standard approaches established by the PMO. They will manage change and promote the continuous improvement of project management related processes. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, flexible and adaptable in their approach based on the need of the project, and have strong critical thinking skills. The Project Manager will guide project stakeholders in defining project scope and ensuring the effective utilization of resources. They must be a strong collaborator and communicator with their peers to ensure proper alignment of project goals and strategic direction.
The Project Manager will perform project management functions. The project scope may involve a range of subject matters and vary in complexity and size. There will be multiple projects managed concurrently. The Project Manager will create and execute project plans, pulling together various resources to meet the project objectives. The Project Manager will manage day-to-day project activities while controlling scope and timeline variables to minimize risk. The Project Manager will utilize project management methodologies (both traditional waterfall and agile) and tools and ensure proactive communication through team meetings, status updates, issue escalation and resolution as necessary. The Project Manager will motivate and encourage team members to work together and maintain a big picture view.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Maintain project SharePoint site to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the project
- Facilitate recurring project status meetings with the project team to ensure that the project is progressing as expected
- Escalates issues that could cause delays in the project via the appropriate escalation route
- Maintain and manage a list of project issues and risks and effectively manage both to minimize adverse impacts to the project
- Produce recurring project status update reports to management on the status of the project scope, cost and schedule
- Ensure that all required project documentation for Compliance and Auditing purposes is completed in a timely fashion
Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Work with the Project Sponsor to evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
The Project Manager will also work with the Project Office Manager and peers to develop and implement PMO Best Practices within the Project Office, including Project Portfolio Management, Project Methodology improvements and project auditing.
- Three+ years project management experience preferred.
- Experience with Information Technology department organization and processes a plus.
- Experience with Agile Project Methodologies and processes a plus.
- Investment Management and Trust Company experience preferred. General banking knowledge a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting of Information Systems preferred or equivalent work experience.
- PMP Project Management certification preferred.
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work with all levels: clerical, supervisory, managerial and executive.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.