Our client are hiring support desk technicians to help support their client during their busy season. These positions will be in a service desk environment that will be dealing directly with the company's customers. They are looking for people with exceptional customer service and communication skills.
This is shift work and will vary but you can expect 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. You will be required to work 1 weekend day.
location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 6pm
education: No Degree Required
- Personalize and relate to the customer in a way that signifies their importance as an individual.
- Provides answers to customer by identifying problems, researching answers, while guiding customers through the corrective steps, notifying internal departments of issues and provide clarifying examples.
- Resetting passwords.
- Simultaneously navigate multiple software applications and technologies to service customers.
- Resolve customer service inquiries, such as assisting customers with exchanges and replacement orders, process customer financial adjustments, order tracking and locating merchandise.
- Provide customers with critical product information that ensures the proper fit and customer satisfaction.
- Suggest alternative items to customer for unavailable merchandise.
- Follow through on customer commitments in a timely manner; exceeding customer expectations, with a strong sense of ownership.
- Accurately assess situations through customer queues to properly resolve their needs.
- Utilize standard practices and processes, continuously looking for areas of improvement and communicating suggestions to leadership as appropriate.
- Accountable to meet service level standards.
- Work with multiple teams and departments in an effort to resolve customer issues.
- Use Customer Order Management to research and document order issues within the system as well as resolve internal alerts.
- Contact customers for order issues, i.e.: backorders, cancels, delays.
- Other tasks as needed.
- 6 months Contact Center experience preferred.
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving and curiosity.
- Ability to simplify complex procedures and communicate with non tech savvy customers.
- Ability to work a set schedule, with required overtime as business needs.
- Ability to manage own performance, work independently and take initiative to work on tasks and responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated conflict management skills and the ability to maintain a positive and professional composure.
- Ability to work unplanned hours, possible overtime, during peak hours and severe weather.
- Strong understanding of computer systems, with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal assistance.
- Reliability is very important to the success of the position. Outstanding attendance is critical.
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of professionalism and fosters effective communication by utilizing active listening, verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork through relationship-building and collaboration.
- Deliver productivity through the efficient use of time and a commitment to strong results.
- Develop rapport quickly and maintain good customer relationships both internally and externally.
- Possess integrity with a strong sense of confidentiality to protect customers, fellow employees, and manager's propriety information.
- Exhibits energy, enthusiasm and is able to learn and adapt quickly in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.