job summary: Position Summary
Working within the Technology Department, the Ruby Software Engineer will be expanding membership of a growing development, helping to development their point of sale platform. This person will help coordinate develop code, help evolve a framework, identify risks in all areas of our development work (front-end, back-end, API, etc).
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
- Review code coverage continually to find gaps in coverage standards.
- Work with other developers to determine the best development approach for existing and new features.
- Develop and enhance Dev and QA documentation.
- Participate in enhancing our evolving continuous development and integrations process.
- Work effectively with employees at all levels to understand development needs across the organization, as well as to help establish priorities and expectations
qualifications: Who You Are
- A sharp, software engineer with strong Ruby programming skills
- You are talented, detail oriented, enthusiastic and passionate about quality.
- You can have the patience to grasp issues quickly work to deliver a cohesive solution.
- You are a strong team player. Able to be collaborative and to understand before being understood.
- You enjoy being respected, supported and being part of a great team that has the autonomy and space to do things the right way.
skills: Desired Skills
Nice to Have (any, not all):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of Ruby development.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development.
- Excellent software engineering aptitude and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to communication through documentation clearly.
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience tracking issues through the software development lifecycle
- Exposure to Git, GitHub, GitLab.
- Experience with Docker, Selenium, Cucumber, Python, Java is a plus.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, React & Ember.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.