job summary: Summary
- A Quality Engineer will be an agile team member responsible for testing and safely delivering software to accomplish business outcomes.
- This person will collaborate and work within a large program of cross functional teams.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Key responsibilities of the role include ensuring that software is tested to meet functional requirements.
- Awareness is expected of the important development principles.
- Pairing with Software Engineers to define unit and acceptance tests for test automation, as well as execution and recording of manual test suites.
- A Quality Engineer will adopt best practices in software engineering to test code at the user level both manually and with automated tools to execute a portion of project strategy.
- Write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools. Write and maintain test cases, and simple test scripts based on well-defined feature requirements.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer or test engineer. Strong SQL scripting / ETL testing skills, Web application testing experience .
- Experience working with Big data ecosystem such as: Apache Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie, and Spark . Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices .
- Working Knowledge of Defect management process, Risk Framework and mitigation . Competency in requirement analysis, prioritize tasks and identify risks .
- Organized and able to Multi-task in a fast-paced environment . Highly motivated, able to work independently . Experience with Onshore/Offshore model .
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Communicates Effectively, builds relationships, Influences others . Willingness to learn and adapt to changes . Contribute to and promote good software testing practices across the team .
- Experience working with Agile tools (Jira or Rally) Desired Skills Optional but recommended: .
- Experience with Tosca . Experience with Machine Learnings .
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks and tools .
- Financial domain experience with a focus on Credit Risk is a plus .
- DevOps and CI/CD practices
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.