Senior Scrum Master
About the role
This person must have Asset Management, particularly interested in Fixed Income experience and demonstrated success in delivering in an Agile environment.
Working directly with the End-to-End Trading Program Manager the Senior Scrum Master will execute and facilitate as well as aid in the directing of strategy, business analysis, resource allocation and management for projects conducted at MFS. As a member of the End-to-End Trading team, the Senior Scrum Master will leverage knowledge of the asset management industry to deliver complete business solutions aligned with the strategic vision and corporate goals of MFS. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of a project including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts, and related budgets. The Senior Scrum Master will institute an open and transparent communication environment for all project efforts across project team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 90 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
SKILLS: Looking for a strong Scrum Master who has experience in managing complex projects, Agile and Asset Management
1. Further the business goals of MFS through the direct management and execution of best-in-class projects/solutions for MFS.
2. Build strong relationships with business divisions and departments across MFS globally; represent, champion and further the goals and opportunities of MFS teams in support of assigned initiatives.
3. Display, or actively gather, a detailed understanding for the business needs and objectives of MFS and related internal clients globally based on project.
4. Provide scrum master and leadership practices to team members in order to accomplish defined deliverables.
5. Plan, implement and control project work
6. Develop project scope, budgets, backlogs and communication plans
7. Manage and monitor all project deliverables to successful completion, leverage Agile practices and complete project artifacts as appropriate.
8. Actively create and manage project work plans, issues, risks, and key decisions.
9. Monitor project budget and resources working with project team members, escalate issues as appropriate.
10. Work with project team to allocate resources appropriately. Review demand and capacity and be able to work out conflicts or reprioritize as needed.
11. Actively communicate with project team members, sponsors, and stakeholders
12. Create metrics to measure project success
13. Conduct lessons learned meetings/surveys and analyze data and report to sponsor and team
14. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
15. Experience in project lifecycle management and Agile methodologies
17. Strong interpersonal and management skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
18. Serve as a subject matter expert in the field Agile, maintaining a solid understanding of the field and its related technologies.
19. Performs additional duties as required.
skills: JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Scrum Master and Agile experience within the asset management, strong on execution
3. Practical experience leading projects through all phases of delivery
5. Financial skills to manage project's operating and capital budgets.
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills. Experience designing and delivering presentations and training to diverse audiences, including senior management, administrative staff members, technical and non-technical personnel, and clients of MFS.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Ability to interact with all levels of MFS management.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.