Engineers who join the Client engineering team will work on the design and development of the infrastructure, applications, and tools required to support and scale a global IoT infrastructure. Software and DevOps tasks will range from in depth use and understanding of Client's core platform and applications including familiarization with enterprise grade IoT technologies and solutions based on LoRAWAN. Further, DevOps candidates will support the continuous integration and deployment of Client software releases using open-source and internally developed automation. Additionally, candidates will be responsible for the maintenance and development of automated monitoring and tooling required for day to day operations of the Client infrastructure across multiple public cloud platforms.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Strong organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements and manage deadlines.
- Designs and develops scripts, applications, and automation required for large scale infrastructure management, automation, and monitoring.
- Support incident management for operational issues including availability for support after hours.
- Identify opportunities for system enhancements that will deliver enhanced functionality and/or simplify system administration.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
- Comfortable giving demonstrations of technical products and systems.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% of time).
- Experience with Git or other source code repository.
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Proficiency in at least one interpreted language (Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience and proficiency with Linux.
- Experience with public cloud technologies and automated deployment mechanisms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Azure, Google App Engine, Linode).
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns.
- Experience with distributed, large-scale back-end design and implementation.
- Competent with IPv4 and IPv6 networking.
- Experience with consuming APIs.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with common message brokers or data structure store (redis, mqtt, amqp).
skills: Optional Qualifications:
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Embedded system programming skills.
- Experience with at least one compiled language (Golang strongly preferred).
- Experience in database design and optimization.
- Familiarity with prototype development boards, GPIO, SPI interfaces.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.