Solution Developer II - Work Force Management
Job Description: Solution Developer II - Work Force Management
Scope & Organizational Positioning:
As a technical individual contributor, this person will Support requirements gathering and responsible for producing technical specifications and development of customized solutions for Kronos Applications used at Client. This person should be assisting with estimation requests and design creation. This individual should have experience working with the various Kronos Products including: Timekeeper, Advanced Scheduler, Org Mapping, Attendance, Record manager, and WIM. They will actively participate in the Client SDLC by providing documentation and ensuring compliance with secure coding and source control procedures. This person will interact with our third party solution partners to design and implement solutions.
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $51 - 61 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Provides technical direction for the design of small to medium scale system solutions to effectively meet business needs.
- Provides leadership for the solution design of project that address business needs, including the examination of multiple solution options.
- Review Technical Design documents to ensure completeness and clarity
- Create Technical Specifications for development tasks
- Prepare written unit test plans and documents test results.
- Perform Peer review of technical specification, code and testing
- Produce system documentation including implementation plans and support checklists
- Work with 3rd Party Software Vendors to ensure a clear understanding of requirements and to build solutions that meets the business needs
- Provide specific subject matter expertise in the conceptual architecture for complex projects
- Provides guidance to an extended project team related to the solution and technical design. Assists and advises project teams in the configuration, testing, implementation and support of secure technical solutions.
- Provides sizing and detailed estimates for new project requests. May participate in the creation of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for small to medium projects.
- Previous experience in the design phase of systems projects
- Specific packaged application and / or technology experience in alignment with specific domains (Workforce Management applications, Oracle EBS, Oracle Retail, Java, SOA, etc.).
- Exposure to technology design best practices which includes Performance, Security, Availability, as well as Operations, Monitoring and Support.
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley and PCI policies and controls
- Solid knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities.
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and tools
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience desired.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in technology and systems design roles and implementation of systems supporting retail and/or corporate business operations
- cycles, including one complex project
- Experience with Agile Frameworks (Scrum, Kanban) is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of IT technology, retail industry tools and trends highly preferred
o Kronos experience is a must
o 5 years' experience is a must
o Agile experience is a plus
o Reflexis or SAP BPC experience is a plus
skills: Application Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Kronos Work Force Central v7 (Time & Attendance, Scheduling, WDM, WIM, SDM, ATK)
- Knowledge of SQL scripting for both SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Knowledge of Reflexis, SAP BPC 10.1 applications experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.